Think about your experience using GALILEO to find sources. How was this different from how you have searched for information in the past? Explain how using specific search strategies and evaluating sources impacted the quality of what you found.
Prompt Response: This process collecting sources in Galileo was specifically different from past experiences as I had to make sure the sources were from various outlets intentionally. In past experiences using Galileo I did not take as much time intentionally choosing a source from different outlets. Implementing specific search strategies has improved my work as the sources targets by question more as well as makes it easier to prove it. Even though the process may seem long with all the different types I have to find narrowing it down makes it easier. On the other hand if I was not specific and intentional while researching it would take more time reading through everything.
Summary: During the class period as a class we went over the steps that goes into researching. We went over how everything should be formatted with each source. As individuals in groups we eached looked for different type of sources relating to our topic question. After that we had time to upload sources in our own folders.
Reflection: Finding different types of sources was not as difficult as I imagined it would be. When I was intentional with my search it made the process easier. The problem I came across was that the sources had to deal with outside of the United States as with a topic dealing with cosmetic surgery many go out of the country.
Comments
Post a Comment