Both poems by Robert Frost explore the passage of time and life’s changing moments. Write about a time when something in your life changed more quickly than you expected. How does this experience connect to Frost’s idea that “Nothing gold can stay”?
Prompt Response: A time in my life when something changed more quickly than I expected was when I moved. We moved quicker than I thought and had to take all the good memories in. This connects to the poem as the "Gold" described represents my old home which goes away. The poem describes change which this situation is one example and provides this change with the change of seasons.
Summary: During class we reviewed the poem "Nothing Gold Can Stay" by Robert Frost. We discussed as the class the tone,theme,examples of imagery, and the cycle of seasons. Then in table groups we did the same thing with the poem, "The Road not Taken" filling out the paper. After that we did discussion questions on the back of the sheet.
Reflection: While reading this poem I reflected on its theme of contemplating on the life choices that a person as to live with as its relevant in my life. The poem does a good job how you can still feel curious about how the other choice would have went and makes a statement how this choice taken by the speaker makes all the difference in life.
Comments
Post a Comment