Write about a moment when you had to step out of your comfort zone.
Prompt Response: A moment where I had to step out of my comfort zone was in the beginning of last years mock trial season. The reason I was uncomfortable was because in the club I had to use public speaking skills which I hadn't fully become confident in. Especially during the time before we hadn't received our case I had to get use practicing talking out loud to the jury when doing direct questions along with cross examination at the podium.As I gradually became more and more involved with the club the more confidence I gained.
Summary:As a class we read the passage "Ambush". We reflected on the topic discussed and took a stance on whether we think there is a such thing as a "good kill". We shared our individual view points and reflected on the different possibilities even looking at an tragic example on the news. We then worked on developing our body paragraphs in writable.
Reflection: In class I made sure to reflect on what where the best pieces of evidence to support my stance. In order to develop a strong arguement I have to carefully be able to explain and reason each piece of evidence to make sure it can be understood.
Comments
Post a Comment