Chris and his sister Carine McCandless had a very close relationship, even when he struggled to connect with others. Write about a relationship in your life where you feel truly understood. Explain what makes that relationship strong and how it compares to the connection between Chris and Carine in Into the Wild.

 Prompt Response: A relationship where I feel truly understood is with my friendship with Solange. I've known her since elementary school and we grew even more closer during highschool as we stay in the same community now. What makes this relationship strong is that I don't have to over explain myself everytime with her and she can understand my feelings well. I am allowed to express myself. This is similiar to Carine's and Chris relationship where they have a special bond since they can understand each other. 

Summary: During the class period we read chapter 13 of "Into The Wild". After we read the chapter we answered discussion questions about the chapter. Most where related to Carine and her characterization. 

Reflection: The chapter was very insightful about Carine's feelings towards Chris passing. I thought that the chapter was needed especially after reading about Chris long journey and trying to figure out why he did it. I'm glad it put a light to the emotional consequences that Chris caused by leaving so abruptly. I thought that the grief that was described was normal to show by Carine. I liked the way she talks about her brother in a positive light and does not criticize his choice of going on his journey. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

tell me what is your favorite word RIGHT NOW? Why is it your faovorite word and how often do you use it?

In “A Rose for Emily,” Miss Emily’s actions shock the reader—she kills her fiancé and keeps his body in her home for years. People often react with disbelief when they hear about real-life stories that seem just as unbelievable. Write about the most shocking or “craziest” news story you have ever heard. What happened, and why did it stand out to you? How did people react to it, and what does it reveal about human behavior?

Describe a time when someone’s words had a lasting impact on you.