Chris chooses independence over relationships. When have you chosen to be on your own instead of relying on others? What happened, and would you make the same choice again?

 Prompt Response: A time when I have chosen to be independent is when my friends offered to do a study group for the ap exams. I decided it would be best for me to study on my own and not relying on them for help. I did this because I knew I would stay focus when studying alone. Even though I understand they were trying to help, I just knew we would go off topic since we are friends and it may not have been productive. Next time, I would do a study group as I find it helpful to review the material by "teaching" it to someone. 

Summary: During the class period we went over the past chapters we read as a class. For each chapter we discussed and answered the question that went with it. After that we read chapter 8 and created critical thinking questions for each page. 

Reflection: The critical thinking questions for each chapter made me reflect on my thoughts that I initially had. It was good to hear how an agruement can be made for each perspective. Chapter 8 was interesting to read about the different stories introduced that are similiar to Chris McCandless. The chapter really put into perspective on how family dynamics can have a role on who you are. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

tell me what is your favorite word RIGHT NOW? Why is it your faovorite word and how often do you use it?

In “A Rose for Emily,” Miss Emily’s actions shock the reader—she kills her fiancé and keeps his body in her home for years. People often react with disbelief when they hear about real-life stories that seem just as unbelievable. Write about the most shocking or “craziest” news story you have ever heard. What happened, and why did it stand out to you? How did people react to it, and what does it reveal about human behavior?

Describe a time when someone’s words had a lasting impact on you.