Reflect on your reading of Into the Wild chapters 1–10. Which chapter stood out to you the most, and why? In your response, explain what specifically made this chapter meaningful, interesting, or impactful. You may consider elements such as McCandless’s actions, a key event, a theme, or Krakauer’s storytelling.
Prompt Response: After reading the first 10 chapters, I would have to say that chapter 8 stood out to me the most. The reason for this is that Chapter 8 shows the critisims that McCandless faced from the public along with native Alaskans. It also provides the reader with more context about the character of Chris McCandless by providing similiar stories of men who went out into the wild. Throughout the time while reading I knew Chris McCandless experience was not original but It really showed how people like him a be put into their own category.
Summary: During the class period we took the Test on chapters 1-10 Into the Wild. After that we had time to complete the blog post and turn in any work.
Reflection: The test was not bad as I thought it would be. While reviewing for the test I assumed that we should know more detailed things but it was mostly based on ideas along with theme. I did not expect the hiker questions but I recognized them from the presentation. The answers were easy to identify since we went over hiking as a class.
Comments
Post a Comment