How does watching the film version of Into the Wild change or deepen your understanding of Chris McCandless compared to reading the book? In your response, explain one key difference in how his character or experiences are presented, and connect this to a time when seeing something visually changed your understanding of a situation.
Prompt Response: The movie deepend my understanding of Chris, as I was able to see his raw reactions as they tranlate differently on screen then being described in th book based on his excerpts. In the film I was able to witness his frustrated with the difficulty of gathering food in Alaska. While at the farm he learned from a guy on what to do when hunting and he seemed very optimistic and secure with just those intructions and so seeing him talking to himself as well as yelling really deepens his reality. A similiar time when I saw something visually that changed my perception is when I first read the book Charlie's Chocolate Factory in elementary. After that I watched the movie and I visually got to see the transformations happening which made it more clear for me.
Summary: During the class period we continued watching the movie "Into The Wild" in class. After waching the movie we answered discussion based questions on the scenes. The questions were centered around how the movie compared to the book when it comes to how you understand Chris McCandless.
Reflection: While watching the movie I gained new insight on Chris character and felt the impact of how he felt on his parents relationship knowing that he was the other child. As Carine tells the story it makes a more personal connection compared to the book.
Comments
Post a Comment