McCandless set out to live independently in the wilderness, but his death reveals the harsh reality of nature and survival. In your blog post, analyze how his desire for independence contributed to his death. Then, connect this idea to your own life by explaining a time when you wanted complete independence or control over a situation. Did things go as planned, or did you face unexpected challenges?

 prompt response: The desire for Chris McCandless to be independent lend to his death as he tried to live out on his own in Alaska. He quickly learned that hunting on his own was hard as he could not perserve the food myself properly. This fault made his go hungry and led to him being desperate to consume seeds that killed him. A similiar time is when I wanted complete independence when it came to driving. For the most part things went to plan but I did have some mistakes when driving with my mom.

Summary: During the class period we continued watching the end of "Into The Wild". After that we had time to complete the blog post for the day. The common lit was also opened early for access and the blog post for friday. 

Reflection: I thought that the movie did a really good job at displaying how Chris McCandless was on his final days. I thought that the actor looked exactly like him and was dedicated to the role as he was really skinny on screen. I find it interesting how Chris reacted to him making a mistake with the seeds as he screamed, "freak it all"  which is understanding but at that moment I wondered if he regretted taking the journey. While watching the final moments with his parents in his visions I wondered if they felt something watching that as we did not know what he was invisioning while taking the death breath. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

tell me what is your favorite word RIGHT NOW? Why is it your faovorite word and how often do you use it?

In “A Rose for Emily,” Miss Emily’s actions shock the reader—she kills her fiancé and keeps his body in her home for years. People often react with disbelief when they hear about real-life stories that seem just as unbelievable. Write about the most shocking or “craziest” news story you have ever heard. What happened, and why did it stand out to you? How did people react to it, and what does it reveal about human behavior?

Describe a time when someone’s words had a lasting impact on you.