Reflect on your past experiences with research in school. What challenges have you faced when working independently or in a group, and how did you handle them? Explain how those experiences will influence the way you approach this current research project.
Prompt Response: In the past when working on research assignments, I've had troubles working with a group. In a group setting I have to consider everyone's personal stance and how they will present the evidence. While working individually I have control on the order of things presented so they flow. I usually handle this by talking with my group members and making sure that we can find a agreement in which we want to write the research paper and on which stance we want to take.
Summary: During the class period we went over the new section of the course as we were introduced to our research paper. We read the required materials and talked about what is expected from us as we work individually and in our groups. After we got into our groups and talked about how stance on our topics. As a group we then filled out a brainstorming sheet.
Reflection: The topic that my group got assigned was Plastic Surgery centered around social media's influence. I thought that it was a very broad and talked about topic that I could go deeper into with the research paper. The correlation between the two seemed to be a linear behavior as social media rises and becomes more used, the rise of popularity with getting plastic surgery. I think this is very interesting to talk about as we can explore social media and the influence of body image and body positivity as well as the other perspectives such as how plastic surgery is medically used in a needed situation.
Comments
Post a Comment